Minecraft has added horses since the early days of the game and since then they have become very popular that is why plenty of players especially the new ones want to know what do horses eat in Minecraft in order to tame them.
Horses as extremely beneficial especially if you want to travel faster in the overworld. Grab on to your saddles as you will learn what do horses eat in Minecraft the best way possible.
What are Minecraft Horses
Horses are one of the most iconic neutral mobs in Minecraft mainly because of the fact that you can add armor to it and ride it to battle. Secondly because it can be used for fun roleplay.
The Horses in Minecraft are able to breed and can be used to travel long distances much faster than if you were just walking.
What do Horses Eat in Minecraft
Minecraft horses are able to eat six different food types with each one providing different effects and buffs.
Horses in Minecraft Eat:
Please look at this table to understand what buffs and effects happen when you feed your horse this specific food.
Half a Heart
1 and a Half Heart
Can't be fed to wild horses
Where do you Find Horses in Minecraft
Now that you know what do horses eat in Minecraft you might be ready to find one in order to tame it.
Horses can be found in the wild roaming around Minecraft’s Overworld. They generally spawn in groups of two to six but can also appear alone. The best place to find Minecraft horses is by seed which we will be discussing shortly.
Another great way of finding Minecraft horses is by using cheats. If you have cheats enabled in your world simply type the following command into your chat window and press enter.
This will allow you to easily spawn a random horse which you can tame right away.
Different Types of Horses in Minecraft
There are many different types of horses that you can find and tame in Minecraft. You have the choice of five different types which are Standard, Creamy, Dark, Chestnut and Albino.
Each type has a different color and pattern on its coat with some being more rare than others.
Now that you know what do horses eat in Minecraft as well as where to find them, it is time to tame your very own horse.
How to Tame and Ride Horses in Minecraft
Taming a Minecraft horse is a simple process that can be achieved by following a few and easy steps.
Knowing what do horses eat in Minecraft can prove to be useful in taming a horse as it makes the entire process easier.
Do know that there are two method to achieve it. The first one involves feeding the horse to lower it's temper so that it will not try to kick you away from it's back.
The second one would be the more popular and resource free method of just riding the horse over and over again until it considers you it's owner.
Feeding the Horse
- 1Approach the horse with any of the food mentioned above and continuously feed it until it stops eating.
- 2Approach it from behind and right-click on the horse while not holding anything in your hands to mount the horse.
- 3Since you have fed it and increased it's temper there is a very low chance that it will try to throw you away from it's back.
- 4Ride the horse until a message says "The horse is now tame" and hearts are visible within it's head.
- 5Now you can add a saddle on your newly tamed horse and ride it to battle.
Riding the Horse Right Away
- 1Approach the horse from behind and Right-click on it to mount the horse.
- 2Don’t move and wait for the hearts to appear over the hotbar.
- 3Once the hearts appear dismount the horse by holding Shift and then press Right-click.
- 4Repeat this step until the message “The horse is now tame” appears.
- 5Now you can add a saddle to your new tamed Minecraft horse by Right-clicking on it with an empty hand while sneaking.
If you have done at least one of those two methods mentioned correctly there you have it, you have now successfully tamed a horse.
However, as we have mentioned above if you knew what do horses eat in Minecraft it would have been an easier method to lower it's temper first by feeding it.