Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4 Enhances the Default Minecraft Experience. Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4 takes the vanilla Minecraft experience and tweaks it a little bit. This is the perfect shader for those that want to stay as true to the vanilla experience possible, but still want a bit of extra flair. This Shader was made and created by RRe36. If you would love to see more of his work visit his personal website.
Let’s face it, the default Minecraft graphics aren’t really that impressive, so this is where Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4 comes into play. With this shaders pack, you get better lighting, shadows, moving leaves, and water, but nothing is taken too far.
Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4 Review
Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4 is one of our favorite shaders for Minecraft because it adds just enough to make a noticeable difference to the game without changing too much. So let’s start with how the new shader changes up the overall environment.
Shadows are cast with more detail with Vanilla Plus Shaders installed. It gives more depth to fields of tall grass, and casts more realistic lighting whenever trees or buildings are blocking the sun. Trees and grass also move more realistically in the wind, which adds better immersion and makes your world feel more lifelike.
The sun rays and sky are where we’ll go next. They are also a nice improvement over the vanilla experience, but the changes are subtle. The sun rays are certainly noticeable, but they don’t completely blow up your game with color. We know some shaders really go too far with this element, but Vanilla Plus Shaders went the complete opposite route.
The sky also has blocky vanilla style clouds, but they have their own shadows and a bit more depth has been added, which once again subtly improves the whole lighting experience.
The changes to water are perhaps the most subtle. Some people may not be that happy with how the water appears in the Vanilla Plus Shaders mod, because it’s too similar to the vanilla Minecraft experience. But this means it is far easier to look into water and it’s also far less resource intensive on your PC. Vanilla Plus Shaders is the type of shader pack that will run on most PCs without any performance hits.
There is also a slightly adjusted motion blur and bloom effect - once again, these changes are very slight. If you do feel like Vanilla Plus Shaders could do with a bit more tweaking, you can customize the shader by adjusting lighting colors, shadow illumination, torchlight color, and other ambient effects in the shaders menu. I did notice a performance hit once I started adjusting the settings and upping the effects, however.
You can actually completely change up how Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4 looks with these settings, but I think what makes this shader special is the fact that it is so similar to vanilla Minecraft. Take a look at the pros and cons for this shader pack and how to install it below.
Pros of Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4
- Adds to the vanilla Minecraft experience we all love
- Great sun rays, lighting and shadows
- Great customizable settings if you want to add more detail
Cons of Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4
- The water effects are very similar to vanilla Minecraft
- Some customizable settings will drop your frame rate
- Most settings are very subtle, which some people may not like
How to Install Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4
- Install Optifine if you haven’t yet.
- Download Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4.
- If this is the first time using Optifine, select the Optifine profile in the Minecraft launcher.
- Next, open Minecraft.
- After, navigate to .minecraft.
- Do this by pressing Windows Key + R and typing %appdata% and clicking OK.
- Open .minecraft and then shaderpacks.
- Drag the downloaded VPlus_v1.6.0.zip file into the shaderpacks folder.
- Start or join a Minecraft world. In Minecraft, press Esc and click options.
- Click video settings and then click shaders.
- Select VPlus_v1.6.0.zip and click done.
- The shader will be loaded.
Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4 For Minecraft Download Links
Below is where you can find download links for Vanilla Plus Shaders 1.14.4
Shader Created by: RRe36!
At the end of the day, if you want to play Minecraft you first need to download OptiFine! There are millions of players in Minecraft make sure that you are using fair mods which does not disrupt or bother gameplay of other players.