Minecraft Resource Pack: Flows HD 1.14.4: Realistic or Cartoony?
Flows HD 1.14.4 is a texture pack for Minecraft 1.14.4. This texture pack flows together nicely and has realistic touches to it.
Flows HD is a resource pack for Minecraft 1.14.4. The pack is 128×128 and, as the name says, the blocks really flow together. The pack smooths out each Minecraft block and makes the cracks between blocks less noticeable. The pack seems to be recently updated and no textures are missing.
The animals in Flows HD are remade to look more realistic. While some blocks in Flows HD look realistic, others look cartoony. The grass and tree textures look realistic, but the stone textures are not, which gives the texture pack a unique feel. The sun and moon are remade to be round instead of square. The moon has detailed craters and the sun has small rays reaching out from it, making them both look more realistic.
The flowers in Flows HD are exceptionally beautiful, they are all a vibrant color and look great, especially the peony.
The water in Flows HD has no texture, it looks very stagnant. Almost as if it was just a blue tint, not even water.
Flows HD has very detailed doors, which I find interesting. Especially the jungle wood door, which has an eloquent design etched into it. The gold and iron blocks have a shimmer to them which is nice.
The armor in Flows HD is subpar. The armor has no texture at all and they look like they are made out of paper, especially the iron, gold, and diamond armor textures. They are all just one solid color, it does not look appealing.
The ender chest texture is a little messed up, you can see lines appearing and disappearing rapidly. The ender chest itself has little detail, it is also just one solid color.
Overall, Flows HD is a good texture pack, but I would not consider it great. I have seen similar and almost identical textures in different resource packs in the past, and it makes me wonder if the textures were stolen, or if this pack was the original. Certain blocks are very pretty, while others are just average. The armor is below average, which is disappointing.
Pros of Flows HD 1.14.4:
- The textures fit together nicely, all of the blocks stuck to the same theme and design.
- Some of the animals looked more realistic than normal Minecraft animals, while others were more cartoony.
- The sky was more realistic than the normal Minecraft sky.
Cons of Flows HD 1.14.4:
- Some of the textures have already been seen in other texture packs.
- The texture pack itself is not very unique.
- The armor in the texture pack is not detailed at all.
Flows HD 1.14.4 Preview
How to Install Flows HD 1.14.4
Want to experience Minecraft with this texture pack, but need some help with how to do so? Well, don’t worry, it’s easy! Here are some simple instructions on how to upload this texture pack to your own Minecraft game.
- Use the link to download this texture pack onto your computer.
- Put the texture pack file in a certain place on your computer so you’ll know exactly where it is. I put my texture pack files on my desktop!
- On the title screen of Minecraft, click on “Options.”
- Next, click on “Resource Packs…”
- Click on “Open resource pack folder.” Once you click on this, your computer will open a separate file.
- Drag your resource pack file that you downloaded earlier into the file your computer just opened up.
- Exit out of the file the computer opened, then scroll through your list of resource packs until you find the one you just added.
- Click on the arrow and the pack should move from the “Available Resource Packs” column, into the “Selected Resource Packs” column.
- Click “Done”, and that’s it!