BlazeandCave's Advancements Pack 1.14.4 adds over 600 new advancements for you completionists out there. You’ll find new challenges and tasks spread throughout sixteen different advancement tabs. This includes one tab for statistics, and one super challenges tab.
Being able to have something new to work towards will give you more of a goal in Minecraft, so no matter how long you’ve been playing on your world, there will be a chance BlazeandCave's Advancements Pack still has challenges waiting for you. There is also a scoreboard for competing with friends. Let’s take a deeper look before you download this mod.
What is BlazeandCave's Advancements Pack 1.14.4?
BlazeandCave's Advancements Pack 1.14.4 is for the latest version of Minecraft and it adds over 600 new advancements. In total, that gives you 698 advancements to complete when combined with the vanilla advancements. There's no doubt that this list will keep you busy in Minecraft for a long time.
You'll find additions to the existing tabs, but many more have been added to, bringing the total number of tabs to sixteen. One of my favorite new tabs is weaponry. Some of the challenges here are pretty straightforward, such as crafting TNT. However, there are dozens of silly, exciting challenges, such as slapfish. For this, you need to slap a mob with a fish. (Throw a fish at an enemy.) Or what about “a snowball’s chance in hell”, which requires you to defeat a blaze using snowballs. There's also a new tab that shows your statistics for various things like how long you've swam or ridden horses for.
I really like the creativity that has gone into the BlazeandCave's Advancements Pack. Here’s a little snippet of what I mean. Instead of just saying “Throw an egg” they add more colorful descriptions like “vandalise something with eggs.”
Perhaps one of the best features in BlazeandCave's Advancements Pack 1.14.4 is the ability to track your advancements on the built-in scoreboard. That way you can compete with your friends or set up competitions.
For the ultra completionists out there, there’s even a tab called super challenges, where you’ll find some of the most challenging advancements possible. Examples include “All the blocks!” Which requires you to collect all 556 blocks in the game. Or what about “Potion Master” which requires you to defeat every mob in the game with splash potions. “Highway to Hell” is devilishly challenging - the challenge requires you to send every mob to the nether and defeat them there.
There are of course some more newbie friendly challenges thrown into the mix, too, and a range of intermediate challenges to bridge the gap. Ultimately, BlazeandCave's Advancements Pack 1.14.4 just brings more purpose to everything you do. There’s always an advancement to work towards whilst you’re farming, exploring, or doing practically anything else in Minecraft.
It should be said that whilst BlazeandCave’s Advancements mod is excellent, it would probably take a least a few hundred hours to complete all challenges, especially the super challenges.
Pros of BlazeandCave's Advancements Pack
- Advancement scoreboard for players to compete amongst each other
- Perfect for completionists interested in more challenges
- A huge range of super challenges for hardcore players
Cons of BlazeandCave's Advancements Pack
- No real functionality added besides new advancements
- There are so many advancements that it may be overwhelming for some
- Completing every advancement would take hundreds of hours
How to Install BlazeandCave's Advancements Pack for 1.14.4
- Download BlazeandCave's Advancements Pack for 1.14.4.
- Extract the zip file on your PC.
- Open Minecraft and open the singleplayer tab.
- Click on your world, or create a new one first.
- Click Edit on your world.
- Click Open Worlds Folder.
- Next, click on the datapacks folder.
- Copy the bac_advancements folder from the extracted zip file.
- Paste bac_advancements into the datapacks folder.
- In Minecraft, click save. You can now start your world.
- Join your world, and enter “/advancement grant @p only” into the chat.
- If installed correctly, you’ll see a message saying “you are using BlazeandCave's advancements pack.”
Last Updated on